Friday, July 18, 2014

Completed - Marion Cardigan!

I'm ripping through the knits these days you guys.

I bought this pattern a while ago, and sent it to my friend Violet for her birthday.  We both knit it at the same time and it's amazing how different they are!  Hers is in a beautiful deep red and turned out much smaller in length AND width.  Hers is quite lovely!  I almost went and bought red yarn and made myself another!
The only modification I made to this pattern was to put in an extra buttonhole above the others (which I can't use because the buttonband gapes), and to go down a needle size (as usual).  The cable patterns were fine once I got used to them but at first they were pretty confusing.  I'm bad at visualising what I'm doing when I'm knitting upside down (this is a top-down knit).
The wool is ... very pink.  I didn't expect it to be this pink!  It looked like a soft coral on the swatch but then turned out to be all HELLO HIGHLIGHTER PINK.  I still like it.
It came out a little longer than the original, I think because my gauge is quite loose.  I find it hard to get a gauge that matches the prescribed gauge both ways.  Although mine matches horizontally, it's still a tiny bit longer.  I don't mind though, as now I can wear it with pants!  I LOVE PANTS.  Although clearly not with these pants.

3 comments:

Thanks for commenting! If you ask a question, I will answer in a comment so check back here!