Petticoat no. 2 - takes a little time!

After reading a couple Gothic and Lolita Bibles, I realised that one petticoat simply isn't enough for a modern-day Lolita.  I decided I'd make another one in a different way.

At the fabric shop, I found some tulle in the remnant bin - it was about 1.6 metres.  Luckily it was white and only $2!

First work out how wide you need the waistband to be to get into it.  This measurement is an IMPORTANT ONE.

I folded it in half lengthways so that it was doubled and was around 60cm long, and drew a lot of triangles on it.  Like this, except more... measured and less... crap.

I cut them all out... except I made the points of the triangles flat.  This is so that the small ends of the triangles form the waist of the petticoat.  I figured that if it was too small to get in and out, I'd cut a slit in it and use elastic anyway.

Sew all the panels together, with all the triangles THE SAME ORIENTATION.  Ha ha ha.

Sew in elastic at the top.  Insert over body.  

This petticoat is nowhere near as rad as my other one.  However, it does make a difference when I wear them together, and I consider it to be a success!  And way easy!

I'll post photos soon.


  1. There are many Coach Outlet Online in the market.
    The best place to secure that you are really getting an authentic Michael Kors Bags Outlet is from the authorized stores.
    One of the primary concerns when buying a new Michael Kors Purse Outlet is that of authenticity.
    If you are smart and want full value for your money, then there are some ways in which you can identify an original Coach Outlet Store Online.
    Remember, the MK Outlet never comes off, and never tears out.
    Probably the best way to find out if the Coach Bags Clearance is actually.
    Time to go online and get yourself a Coach Bags Outlet if you haven't already.
    Cheap Real Yeezys, a Nike new product launched recent years, is one of them.
    Actually, there are many stores stocking Cheap Yeezys.


Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you ask a question, I will answer in a comment so check back here!

Popular Posts